Awesome, Breathtaking, Romantic: Tokyo Christmas Illuminations 2013
Christmas Decorations In Japan are pretty amazing. Seasonal illuminations before and during Christmas are nothing short of spectacular.
Don’t expect anything subtle here. Christmas in Tokyo is celebrated very glamorously.
Tokyo Christmas lighting and displays start at the end of October. Some of them are kept up until Valentine’s Day in February.
Tokyo sightseeing in the evenings becomes a very romantic experience.
Christmas Illuminations In Tokyo: Our Favorites
- The chic and elegant night life district of Ginza- trees and designer label stores along Chuo Dori are illuminated especially for Christmas, which makes the area even more spectacular than it usually is.
See More: Ginza
- Tokyo Sky Tree
- The observation deck at Roppongi Hills for the best skyline views of Japanese Christmas decorations, and Tokyo Midtown (same subway station)
See More: Roppongi and Tokyo Midtown
- The Christmas tree at the Marunouchi office/shopping complex. The elm Trees along Marunouchi street are lit up with “champagne gold” lights, enhancing all the more the sophisticated and Romantic atmosphere of Marunouchi.
See More: Marunouchi Area Guide: Restaurants, Hotels, Shopping, Things To Do
- Odaiba-for the decorated tree in Odaiba Kaihin Park in front the of Decks shopping center. Venus fort is also illuminated beautifully. And Rainbow bridge illuminations are a spectacular view as always.
See More: Odaiba
- Tokyo Tower Christmas Tree is one of the biggest and most impressive Christmas trees in Japan.
See More: Tokyo Tower
- Omotesando Hills-the Most Elegant mall in the city will never fail to present Magical illuminations. Not to be Missed!
See More: Omotesando
Many stores have special displays of Teddy Bears to tune in with the romantic atmosphere.