Update March 22rd 2015: Cherry Blossom flowers have begun to bloom in Tokyo.
Below are images from a Park in Daikanyama, Tokyo.
The Japanese Meteorological Agency has officially announced that the flowers had begun to bloom in central Tokyo as of Monday, which was three days earlier than expected.
This exquisite event has a very short ‘shelf-life’ – read on to get your best shot at viewing Japanese Cherry Blossom Festival 2015!
Previous Years Date comparison of Japan Sakura Blossom:
In 2014, cherry blossoms in Tokyo began on March 30th.
In 2013, the cherry blossom festival Tokyo tricked everyone – although expected at the end of March, buds were noticed on March 16th – seven days ahead of the schedule predicted by the reliable weather forecaster, Weathermap. This was due to the atypical warmer weather experience in the beginning of March. Within ten days it is all over, causing great disappointment to many tourists who came especially to Tokyo.
Sakura Festival 2015 Japan
Cherry Blossoms in Tokyo 2015: Plan, Pray, and Prepare yourself!
When is the best time for cherry blossoms in Japan?
This lovely show of Sakura (cherry) festival only lasts a week, from first bud until the rain of petals.
You are in a catch-22. You cannot wait to see how the weather turns out; waiting until the last minute will prevent you from booking airline tickets and making hotel reservations!
Booking way in advance, the only way to ensure your place, will not guarantee you fulfilling your dream, as the weather can suddenly change and affect the blossom.
So the only solution is to go ahead and book your tickets. Then pray. And prepare alternate touring options for watching Japan blossom season 2015 outside of Tokyo.
Hundreds of trees blossoming together make a spectacular sight.
What you need to know about Sakura Blossom Japan 2015
• The trees begin to shed their flowers a mere seven days later.
• Blossoms will appear later in April when Tokyo experiences a colder winter.
• Thankfully, the cherry trees do not all bloom on the same day. Trees in sunny areas will bloom earlier than those receiving less sunlight, giving us some viewing flexibility.
• The official opening of the Cherry Blossom Festival in Tokyo is declared after careful analysis of the trees in the Yasukuni Shrine, Tokyo.
By way of consolation for those who miss Japanese cherry blossom season 2015 in Tokyo, there is a beautiful scene to enjoy at the very end; cherry blossom flower petals forming a most elegant tapestry-like carpet – it’s a lovely photo op.
Best Tours for Cherry Blossom Festival Tokyo – What to Book now!
Day Tours in Tokyo: Best of Tokyo
Day Tours in Kyoto: The Best of Kyoto
Day Tours in Kyoto: Cherry Blossoms, Shrines and Geisha
Private VIP Tours
Our Cultural Tours
Nara Day tour
Nikko Day tour
Hakone Day tour
Cherry Blossom Festival Tokyo 2015 Essentials
As you may have suspected, this Blossom phase is the most desired time to visit Japan.
It’s a major holiday, with Japanese citizens traveling and partying, joined by tourists worldwide, all converging into Tokyo. Clearly, all public transportation will be swarming, with accommodations of all kinds at a premium.
The only way to assure your presence is to book tickets way ahead, as early as the fall.
Cherry Blossoms in Japan 2015: Top Tourist Attractions in Tokyo
Partying needs no explanation – this is the time to relax, mingle, eat and drink. Do be cautious, celebrating with the Japanese you will find it difficult to stay sober.
• Picnics are the best way to appreciate the sakura blossom japan 2015 Blossoms. Picnics galore dot the parks, and you may be invited to join – more fun than planning your own. Bring some good hot Sake or other delicious food and you will be a welcome guest. Don’t worry about the language barrier; Communicating with a few Japanese words you learn in advance and lots of hand motions just adds to all the fun.
See More: Japan Cherry Blossom events
• Special Cherry Blossom Day Trips from Tokyo to Mt Fuji: It’s fabulous view enhanced during this Sakura Festival 2015 Japan, with its endowment of Cherry trees. An added bonus is that the trees in this area usually flower two weeks later than those in Tokyo. You can either have a ‘second helping’ or race here if you missed the first show!
See More: See All Unique Cherry Blossom Festival Tours.
• The Sumida River promenade, near Asakusa, is another venue perfect for imbibing the sight of Cherry-Blossoms; lace up some good walking shoes and enjoy a peaceful, lovely promenade, as well as the Sumida Park.
• Rent a paddle boat in Ueno Park and sail along while viewing the blooms.
See More: Cherry Blossom Flower Festival – What’s it all About?
• More than a thousand trees in one place – the Yasukuni Jinja Shrine has over a thousand, and there is value in magnitude! As can be expected, the area is packed with peddlers, shops and people!
• Indulge your sweet tooth with an amazing Japanese dessert. You will find many Wagashi type cakes, decorated to resemble cherry blossom flowers. Just photograph them before your first bite! Available in many locations, they are most prevalent in Ginza Tokyo.
See Also: Best Tokyo Spots for Japan Cherry Blossom viewing
Related Articles About Tokyo Cherry Blossom Festival
• Wake up to the pink blankets of cherry blossom in Japan, ancient shrines and warm spring sunshine…
• We’ve also gathered all the questions you’ve asked us and our answers to you into one place, for your convenience: What period is the best one to see Tokyo Cherry Blossom, Kyoto Cherry Festival, end of February What spot could I probably see some cherry blossoms in Japan at that time…
• See ALL Things to do in Japan in April Cherry Blossoms
• Would you like to view Japanese Cherry Blossom Festival 2015 a little earlier than the crowd?
• When is Cherry Blossom season in Japan?
• Cherry Blossom Festival Dates
From Cherry Blossom Festival Tokyo 2015 to Tokyo Attractions